September 2, 2018
Using Numbers in Academic Writing, 1 of 3:
- We write out numbers 0-9 in academic writing.
- Example: “There are three reasons to support this approach.”
Using Numbers in Academic Writing, 2 of 3:
- For numbers 10 and higher, you do not need to write out the numbers.
- Example: “This study was published 14 years ago.”
Using Numbers in Academic Writing, 3 of 3:
- We always write out numbers that appear at the beginning of a sentence.
- Example: “Fifty-two people attended the presentation.”
August 23, 2018
August 16, 2018
“USED TO” — a repeated action in the past.
Example: I used to live in New York. Now I live in Ohio.
“BE USED TO” — to be accustomed to doing something.
Example: His job starts at 5:30am. He is used to waking up early.